Friday, 22 June 2012

Fabricant – Demo 2010


The frontman of Fabricant contacted me on Metal Archives and asked me if I could review his band's demo. I agreed. But then a whole bunch of other work came up and this demo kept getting pushed farther and farther back. I eventually finished my other work, but I realized that I still have not reviewed this thing. Oh well, better late than never.

The production isn't all that great – awfully cloudy for death metal – but this is a demo, so I'll forgive them for that. The vocals alternate between a low growl and a high rasp. They're well-done, so I don't really have a problem with them. The drums are also quite impressive with their complex fills, although the snare doesn't sound quite right. The guitars are easily the best part of this demo. They hit you with crazy riff after crazy riff. The solos are an entirely different beast. I haven't heard solos this disjointed since Gorguts. Some people call this noise. I call it being creative.

These guys put on a great performance, but due to the rather spotty production, it didn't really hold my attention. Luckily, they recently released a new song that fixes the production problem, so it's good to know these guys are honing their craft.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
I'm A Metalhead powered by blogger.com
Design by Simple Diamond Blogger Templates