Monday, 30 July 2012

MTV launches hilarious anti-piracy campaign

(Atuhor's Nose: I pirated this image.)

It appears that MTV has launched a new anti-piracy campaign. From what I can tell, the blue bar is supposed to depict an army of music pirates and the white bar is supposed to depict the musicians who are being killed off by their activity, once again repeating the idiotic argument that downloading is killing music. On the contrary, more music has been made in the last ten years than has been made in the last one hundred years. The reason why musicians are making less money nowadays is because there is more competition. Before the internet, there was just a few big fish in a small pond. Thanks to the internet, the field of art and entertainment is now an ocean filled with lots of tiny fish. Not only that, but file-sharing actually helps the consumer make a more informed decision. A shitty album that would have tricked someone years ago will no longer be bought. Instead, they'll spend their money on a band that's actually good. And to be perfectly honest, without file-sharing, I would have never become a metalhead.

I've wasted too much time on this silly picture, so I'll just leave it as-- wait, what the fuck is this?

Switch off illegal downloads. Switch on MTV.

MTV DOESN'T EVEN PLAY MUSIC ANYMORE YOU THUNDERSTOMPING, DICK-SNIFFING FUCKRAT! NOW IT'S JUST REAL WORLD, BIG BROTHER, AND JERSEY SHORE! HOW FUCKING RETARDED ARE YOU!? GO FUCK YOURSELF WITH A RAILROAD SPIKE YOU FUCKING RETARDOSAURUS REX!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
I'm A Metalhead powered by blogger.com
Design by Simple Diamond Blogger Templates