Saturday, 11 August 2012

Loss Of Self – Demo


Let me begin by saying that I love the cover of this demo. There's little there, but the minimalism just makes you want to listen to the music even more. It also puts forth an aura of mysteriousness, as though you have no idea what will be found on this album. So what's on here, you ask?

Well, these guys play some rather raw black metal with post-punk influences. The riffs still have the violence of regular black metal, but atop that are riffs that exude great melody and atmosphere. Keeping in line with their post-punk influences, the bass is quite prominent and gives the music more depth. No complaints about the drums. Just your typical well-played blasting affair with some more mid-paced parts thrown in. I don't have any problems with the vocals either. They're your typical blackened rasps. Not original, but a great performance nonetheless.

My only problem with this demo is that it ends too abruptly. At the end of the last song, it's kicking ass, but then it just stops. What's up with that shit? It's similar to those times when your girlfriend is giving you a blowjob and she gives up just before the climax. A more satisfying closer would have been nice. Other than that, I really liked this album. I enjoyed their mix of black metal and post punk. I can't wait to hear what they have planned next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
I'm A Metalhead powered by blogger.com
Design by Simple Diamond Blogger Templates