Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Bandcamp Roundup Vol. 16

Still not much happening on Bandcamp. The metal scene sort of blew its load back in 2012, what with all that fear about the apocalypse. I then remembered that a few weeks ago, my friend Eric Yanyo of Valley of Steel sent me two bands on Bandcamp.

Grisly Amputation


These guys play dark and nasty deathgrind with crunchy guitars, crushing drums, and sickened vocals. Sure, they use long audio clips that don't contribute anything to the music, but they're mean, dirty, grinding sons of bitches.


Lycosa


In stark contrast with Grisly Amputation, Lycosa plays slow and plodding sludge metal with hints of thrash metal thrown in. The guitar tone is really dirty, and although I'm not a fan of the vocals, I love the grooves they play.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
I'm A Metalhead powered by blogger.com
Design by Simple Diamond Blogger Templates