Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Asymmetry – Ashes Into Wood



Judging by the cover, you would think this was a Black Twilight Circle release, but you're wrong. It consists of one guy from New York and another guy from Finland. Besides, they're nowhere near as interesting as the guys from BTC.

Ashes Into Wood is a clumsy hodgepodge of assorted elements that are never able to fit together properly. The production mixes everything together into an indecipherable paste; I can hardly make anything out. The distortion on the guitars is rather weak, making the riffs uninteresting. The drums simply supply the beat; they don't do anything that is able to keep my attention. As for the vocalist, he tries to sound like the guy from Ephemer, but he doesn't do a very good job at it.

This album was such a disappointment. I thought it was going to be good, but instead, I just got more of the same boring, derivative crap I've heard a thousand times before.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
I'm A Metalhead powered by blogger.com
Design by Simple Diamond Blogger Templates