Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Skygge – Heksekunst



I couldn't find much information about Skygge. I found a Skygge on Metal Archives, but it's the wrong Skygge. This Skygge released a demo called Heksekunst just this year.

The first thing you'll notice is the massive amounts of distortion. This may make the album inaccessible at first, but if you get your ears used to it, you will find so many wondrous treasures. For one thing, the riffs are superb. Though they're violent, they have a tinge of melody to them (especially on “Knokkelkraft”). The drums have only one focus: pound and destroy. With music like this, that's the only mindset you need. Same with the vocals. They're the typical black metal rasp, but they fit the unholy terror perfectly.

The extremely abrasive distortion may be discouraging at first, but if you give it time, you'll see that it's much better than the schlock that's been clogging the underground lately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
I'm A Metalhead powered by blogger.com
Design by Simple Diamond Blogger Templates