Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Ogilt – Demo 3


Oh hey! I remember these guys! I reviewed their first demo. Long story short, I didn't like it. Let's see if they've improved.

13 minutes later...


The production on this demo is worse than on their first demo. Everything is horribly distorted. I don't have a problem with massive distortion if you do it right. Ash Pool and Pyha do it right. Ogilt doesn't do it right. The distortion cobbled everything together into a loud, incomprehensible mess. The vocals overpower everything. Speaking of vocals, the guy sounds like a thousand hyenas being strangled with barbed wire. It's not a pleasant experience at all.

The bass and drums are still the average black metal fluff. The riffs? Still unoriginal. Not much to say there. At least the guitarist's skills have improved. All together, listening to this demo is as painful as listening to their last demo.

This is what I get for giving a band a second chance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
I'm A Metalhead powered by blogger.com
Design by Simple Diamond Blogger Templates