Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Terata – Mourning Glory


I can't find much information on Terata. All I know is that they were a death metal band from Illinois and their first album was named Mourning Glory.

The production is kind of quiet so you'll have to turn up your speakers in order to hear anything. Other than that, the production isn't muffled or drowned out in any way. Since this was released in the early 90s, there's still a touch of thrash metal to the music, mainly in the riffs and rhythms. The drums are well-played with spot-on beats and plenty of fills. As is usual for early death metal, the solos squeal and howl whenever they show up. I miss those crazy solos. The vocals aren't the best. On the first song, it sounds like the guy pitch-shifted his growls, and on the other songs, it sounds more like a thrash metal shout than a death metal growl. It's not that big a problem and doesn't diminish the rest of the music in any way.

I love this little demo, but one question still nags at me: who's that guy on the cover? For some strange reason, he reminds me of Blanca from Street Fighter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
I'm A Metalhead powered by blogger.com
Design by Simple Diamond Blogger Templates