Friday, 7 September 2012

Disencumbrance – Disencumbrance


Disencumbrance was a death metal band from Texas that released two demos and two splits before changing their name to Detrimental in 1996. I only managed to find their first demo, so let's listen to that one.

The first thing I noticed was the Cannibal Corpse influence, especially in the growls. They sound like they were pulled straight from Butchered at Birth. Same thing with the guitars. They play a variety of riffs played in a tone that sounds like they studied the craft of Cannibal Corpse for years on end. The drums may not be as extreme as the band that inspired them, and with the typical demo production I can hardly hear them, but they are still well-played. Unfortunately, I can't really hear the bass, but this is a demo, so what can you expect?

Although this demo is really short (two songs lasting all of ten minutes) and the production is choppy, it's a really nice display of Cannibal Corpse worship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
I'm A Metalhead powered by blogger.com
Design by Simple Diamond Blogger Templates