Thursday, 14 February 2013

Andhord – Revelation


Although Andhord formed back in 2005, they have so far released only two demos. The first was the oddly titled The Everlasting Twilight's Ceremony in 2008. The demo I'm reviewing today is their second one, Revelation, which was released last year. I must say, the album cover is really enticing. Will the music live up to it?

The riff work is really strong here. Some of it has a Norwegian flavor. Others have this dark, dissonant quality to them. The drums offer up a well-performed batch of blast beats, double bass, fills, and a few militaristic rhythms. The vocals are your typical reverb-laced rasps. Not too original, but they sound nice and get the job done.

Unfortunately, it gets kind of repetitive after awhile. They just can't keep up the energy they displayed on “Ascendancy of the Black Moon”. They're skilled musicians, but they can't seem to hold my interest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
I'm A Metalhead powered by blogger.com
Design by Simple Diamond Blogger Templates