Arch Daeva is another in a long line of Greek black metal bands that have formed in recent years, and although I've seen quite a bit of praise for it, I can honestly say that it doesn't really hold my attention.
First of all, the first song is too long. The entire first half of the song is taken up by people talking. This adds nothing to the album. Just hurry up and get to the music already.
Speaking of the music, it's not all that great. The drums sound much to muffled and lack any sort of force. The riffs are your typical black metal riffs with a bit of thrash metal thrown in. It's nothing I haven't heard before. Just like the drums, they lack any sort of force. They sound ferocious but they don't feel ferocious. Also, I'm not a big fan of the blackened thrash riffs they play here. The vocals consist of a strained rasp, and they too lack any sort of impact.
Overall, I didn't like this album. The production is muffled, the riffs are derivative, and the songs are forgettable. The only part I really liked was the short bluesy section near the end of the second song.
0 comments:
Post a Comment