Friday, 8 February 2013

Wistful Ruins – Wistful Ruins


I couldn't find these guys on Metal Archives, so I had to do my own research. It turns out Wistful Ruins was a side project formed by Nachtzeit of Lustre and Archaic of Durthang. This self-titled two-song demo, released back in 2004, was the only thing they made under that name.

The first thing that struck me were the melodic, melancholic guitars. They play sad chords as they drift through the crumbling ruins in the blackness of night. I believe the drums are programmed, but they're very well-programmed. They play a lot of mid-paced beats with some double bass thrown in for good measure, and their programmed nature isn't obvious at all. There are no vocals on here, so I can't comment on them, but then again, music like this works best without vocals.

This demo may have been the only thing Wistful Ruins produced, but it's fantastic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
I'm A Metalhead powered by blogger.com
Design by Simple Diamond Blogger Templates